Call today for further information
Torbay Befriending Service is a new Community Interest Company providing one-to-one befriending and mentoring services to adults with mental health issues and their carers in the local area.
How our befriending/mentoring service can help you
Torbay Befriending Service is a Community Interest Company working with adults living in the Torbay area who feel isolated and struggle to cope with day to day living.
How can a befriender help you?
A befriender is someone who will take the time to listen and be there just for you. They will spend time getting to know you and will support you to take postive steps to help you improve and maintain your wellbeing.
How to access the service
You can contact us yourself or ask someone to contact us on your behalf to arrange a free informal chat. This could be at your home or at a local venue of your choice.
Examples of support a befriender can offer:
• Help you to manage your anxiety/stress levels
• Help you decrease your sense of isolation
• Support you with appointments
• Provide you with information on community
activities and support you to access these
• Support you to develop coping strategies and
• Help you to improve your self-confidence,
motivation and self-esteem
• Support you to access educational, training
and work-related options
• Signpost you to services that we are unable to
offer ourselves such as personal care,
counselling and therapeutic interventions
We will be establishing a fortnightly facilitated group within a local community setting where you can meet new people. Support will be available to help you access this activity. There will be the opportunity to:
• Make new friends
• Share skills and experiences
• Discuss coping mechanisms
• Receive ongoing support
• Find out about local events and activities
please contact us if interested.
£17 per hour